Weekends are for friends and family. Fact. OK, maybe on selected weekdays, too.Hello! It's now Saturday 10 December 2011. Today I shall start filling up this blog with my adventure throughout the PGCE year. In case you didn't gather by now, yes, I am still the guy who signs 'iD + :T' on every Christmas card, and yes, I am training to become a teacher now. I didn't start the blog in September like my good old friend, 'Chris', but I think you should know by now, I am very slow. It makes perfect sense to start a blog at the beginning of a new chapter, ie in September, but, hey, I am very slow. It makes more sense to start writing when you have something interesting to say, ie in September, but, hey, I am very slow. What I was trying to say is, I am very slow. It's now Sunday 11 December 2011. Don't worry. I shall try and finish this blog post before the Mayan calendar ends.
In case you didn't know me, I am 23 years old (as of 11 December 2011 that is, don't know if that is still true by the end of this post) and training to become a teacher. For the past 4 years, I was studying to become a Master in Chemistry with Mathematics. Yes, you can tick the box, check, he is a proper geek. Before those 4 years, I was, eh, how should I put this, eh, ALIVE, or should I say, carrying out 'MRSGREN' relatively effectively (except that one time when I fell off a moving swing at terminal velocity and went unconscious for a while, that doesn't count, I was six). I really want to tell you more about myself, but I am afraid you will have to wait for my autobiography, available in all good bookstores, well, except WHSmith - I refuse to be placed next to Nuts and FHM. Creepy people touching over revealing covers with sweaty palms. No, no. Well, I wish I can share all of my inner thoughts to the world, but let's face it, I know what my inner thoughts are like and I don't want to end up in the cast of 'the Only Way is Essex' - I refuse any sort of mental torture, thank you very much (Oh, shut up.).
Let's start the week with Thursday, Thursday evening. (don't worry, we will go back to Wednesday, it is amazing, I don't want you to miss it.)
/ Thursday 8 December: Meat at Hawksmoor
![]() |
| This picture says it all really. Luckily, only one of us is a teacher. |
/ Saturday 10 December: When Nothing Else Compares
![]() |
| Saturday is for me. :) |
Bye! Same time next week?
It is now Sunday 11 December. Still 2011. Panic over.
iD + :T C.
PS Newcomers, in case you don't get it, iD:T is not an abbreviation of idiot. It is how I sign things like Christmas cards. It is a (ha ha) wink (iD) and a (hmmm) crossed face (:T).


No comments:
Post a Comment